- Matt Shea’s family has lived in Eastern Washington for four generations.
- His family ran one of the first stagecoaches in Washington.
- Matt grew up in Spokane Valley attending both Pasadena and Ponderosa elementary schools.
- Prior to graduating “cum Laude” from Gonzaga Law School, Matt earned both his BA in History and Political Science from Gonzaga University while completing ROTC.
- Matt is currently practicing at M. Casey Law. P.L.L.C. in Spokane, WA. He is admitted to practice in Washington, the Eastern Washington Federal District Court, and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Matt is also a small business owner and nephew of the owner of one of the largest manufacturing companies in Spokane Valley.
DISTINGUISHED MILITARY CAREER
- Matt Shea has served his country in the United States Army with two combat tours overseas, including eight months in Bosnia as a platoon leader, and eleven months in Baghdad, Iraq, as a company commander.
- Matt was awarded both a Bronze Star, Meritorious Service Medal, and Combat Infantryman’s Badge among many other awards and commendations.
- Matt began his Military service as a Distinguished Military Graduate from Gonzaga University in 1996, and finished in the top 3 of his Officer Basic Course class. Later he was recognized as the top rated Captain in his Battalion.
- Currently Matt is a lifetime member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), the National Infantry Association, and current member of the American Legion.
OTHER LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Matt was named “Rookie Legislator of the Year” (2009) and is currently the Assistant Minority Floor Leader.
- Currently Matt serves as Vice Chairman for the Eastern WA Army Advisory Board.
- Matt Shea was the co-founder of the Washington Family Foundation, which later merged with the Family Policy Institute of Washington.
- Matt is an allied attorney with the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), a nationalwide network of over 1,000 attorneys dedicated to preserving religious liberty.
- Matt is also a board member of the local Selective Service Board, tBurning Boots Trail Club, Give Me Liberty Fund, and One Body Ministries.