Cary has been representing the 12th Legislative District, which includes Chelan and Douglas Counties and parts of Grant and Okanogan, since he was first elected in 2002. A small-business owner for over 30 years, he is also a local radio talk show host championing regional news and views. A Washingtonian from birth, Cary makes his home in Chelan. Cary holds a Bachelor of Arts in economics and a Bachelor of Science in business from Central Washington University.
- Legislator of the Year, Association of Washington Business – 2013
- the Municipal Champion Award by the Association of Washington Cities in 2014;
- Legislator of the Year by the Family Wineries of Washington in 2013;
- Legislator of the Year by the Towing and Recovery Association of Washington;
- Guardian of Small Business Award, National Federation of Independent Business – 2003-2012
- Business Star Award, United for Washington – 2007
- Legislator of the Year, Washington State Farm Bureau – 2007
- Cornerstone Award, Association of Washington Business – 2003-2013
- Founder and operator of “WE LOVE THIS TOWN” in Wenatchee. A project dedicated to raising money for local charities and other community services. Recognized by the Secretary of State in its first year.
- Founder of political action group “Return to America” and various initiative drives to make sure voters are given a say in how their state and federal government is run.