About Brian Pruiett
U.S. Department of Interior: Natural Resource Management
- Degree at Montana State University
- Soil Scientist for a mining companies in Wyoming
- Rangeland Management Specialist for US Department of Interior
- Administered lands in northern Wyoming for wildlife and livestock over 300 ranch leases of public lands. Implemented biological control programs
U.S. Department of Interior: Natural Resource Specialist
- Supervised a diverse team of specialists for large scale oil and gas field development, involving permitting and reclamation of 1,800 oil and gas wells and their infrastructure.
United States Army: Human Resource Management
- Supervisory Human Resource Officer (Civilian), Fort Lawton, Seattle, WA Supervised five Directorates:
- Officer and Enlisted Management
- Family Programs
- Drug Demand Reduction
- Education Services
- Equal Opportunity
- Enlisted as a Private in the United States Army.
- Veterinary Specialist for three years.
- Joined National Guard, completed OCS, commissioned an Artillery Officer
- Honors Graduate
- Completed many various duty assignments:
- Nuclear and Chemical Targeting Officer
- Adjutant, State Operations Officer
- Inspector General, four separate Command tours
- Advisor to Afghan Border Police and National Police for 11 Provinces of Central Region and Kabul
- Advisor to 201st Corp Afghan Army Inspector General
- Member of Order of Saint
- Barbara Bronze Star Recipient
His work as an Inspector General gave him extensive experience in determining inefficiency, corruption, and criminal activity to improve organizational efficiency and financial management for the military. He spent three years as an IG in the US and 8 months mentoring Afghanistan Army IGs
SMALL BUSINESS OWNER
- Brian and his wife own and operate a family real estate investment business, Kitsap Probuild LLC.
- The Pruietts also currently operate a small specialty organic orchard in Clallam County.
- Former businesses include a 600 acre irrigated farm, with livestock operation, and a small retail store.
PRIOR WORK HISTORY
- Engine Boss (Firefighter) with Department of Interior
- Decker in a Cedar Mill
- Dairy Farming
- Commercial Fishing
- Irrigated Farming
- Veterinary Specialist
- Home Rehabilitation
Community Volunteer Service
- Present: Captain of Clallam Fire District’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Number 3, Carlsborg, Washington
- Previous: Volunteer Firefighter, Conway Fire Department
- Pictured: “After training every Monday night for a year I was tested to be a volunteer firefighter. Recognition is the coffee cup we were each awarded at qualifying, when I was 23 years old. I still feel a sense of pride at serving our people and treasure this cup.
- Attends Sequim Community Church
- Supports Trinity Bible Fellowship
- Carlsborg Post 6787 Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Port Angeles Business Association (P.A.B.A.)
- Western Cascade Fruit Society
- Farm Bureau
- Peninsula Long Rifles
- Jefferson County Sportsman’s
- Association Clallam County Amateur Radio Club
- Society for Range Management
- Soil Science Society of America
- Elks Club
- 4-H & FFA
- Boy Scouts
- Played fiddle in a Bluegrass Band
- Ski Racing in High School
- Professional Rodeo: Rough Stock Riding and Team Roping
- Raced in Several Biathlons: National Championships at Vermont, Montana, and Michigan.